Four lessons and additional material to support a topic on community.
01 - What is community?
- After considering communities they belong to pupils are encouraged to explore different communities, their importance for those who belong and why these communities exist
02 - If I don't see you, are you still part of my community?
- What holds a community together?
03 - What about my local community?
- How does the local church support the local community?
04 - How do the rituals Christians practice contribute to their local community?
- The importance of Christian rituals and how these contribute to their worship and to the local community.
Community ID cards
- Cards giving information about organisations and communities.
A day in the life of a convent (KS3)
- Spend a day with the nuns at The Community of the Holy Name, exploring prayer and worship, eucharist, community, hospitality, work and silence.
A day in the life of a convent-notes (KS3)
- These notes accompany the A Day in the Life
of a Convent scrapbook for KS3, which is based on the
Community of the Holy Name, and their
home at the convent in Derby.